What a year it’s been! With all the shenanigans happening in the political world it was nice to just spend my time and energy on creating fun illustrations and patterns.
- I learned surface pattern design techniques – including how to create a seamless repeating pattern.
- Two of my designs were handpicked among thousands to be included in WeaveUp’s partnership with Joann’s Fabrics.
- Two of my designs were featured on the RedBubble homepage
- I made more sales than ever before!
I sold print on demand products in 12 different countries and 29 different states in the USA! Most of my sales were Redbubble products, although I did sell a few Amazon Merch tees, TeePublic tees, and a handful of Society6 products.
Here are some of the products that sold:
Looking ahead to 2019
I have a lot of plans and goals for next year. My top goals are:
- Continue my 365 Days of Design – I’m allowing myself to continue this challenge in non-consecutive days due to a business trip followed by a terrible cold that I’m still recovering from.
- Launch a Digital Downloads Etsy shop where I sell various items available for digital download, including digital papers, planners, clipart, and more.
- Create and publish more tutorials.
- Create a pattern portfolio, develop a collection.
- Work toward licensing a pattern collection.
… and more!
All in all it’s been a really exciting year for me. One thing I’ve learned is when I put the hard work in, things really do happen. I’m pumped to keep the momentum going.